Dear Media Friends,
Olympic Day is celebrated worldwide on June 23rd of each year to commemorate the birth of the Modern Olympics Games that were held in Paris back in June, 1894.
1st Meeting of the Organising Committee of Olympic Day Celebration 2021 was held today (Friday, June 04, 2021) at 1500 hours at University of Management and Technology, Lahore under the chairmanship of Mr. Ibrahim Hasan Murad, Chairman POA Education Commission/Chairman Organizing Committee.
As directed by the Lt Gen (R) Syed Arif Hasan HI(M), President POA and respecting the SOPs of COVID-19, following activities have been planned for Olympic Day Celebration 2021:
· 2nd POA Painting Competition (to be launched on SMHs of POA on 07 June 2021)
· Workshop on Olympic Movement / Olympism at University of Management and Technology, Lahore (on 23 June 2021)
· Exhibitional Table Tennis Competition at Bagh-e-Jinnah (Lawrence Garden), Lahore – 23 -06-2021
· Short Documentary on Pakistan Olympic Museum (to be launched on SMHs of POA on 23 June 2021)
· Tree Plantation (by Star Athletes/ Medalists/Olympians) at UMT Lahore (on 23 June 2021), Nagarparkar, Tharparkar (on 25 June 2021) and Karachi (on 27 & 28 June 2021)
· Olympic Day Run and Exhibitional Archery Competition at Nagarparkar, Tharparkar (on 25 June 2021)
· Sea Cleaning at Karachi on 27 June 2021
· Beach Cleaning at Karachi on 28 June 2021
Muhammad Khalid Mahmood
Pakistan Olympic Association