Dear Media Friends,
Weightlifting Competition on 25-07-2021
Talha Talib is representing Pakistan in weightlifting 67kg weight category on 25 July, 2021 at 1955 hours JST / 1555 hours PST in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Last time Pakistan participated in Weightlifting competition in 1976.
Talha Tayyab born on 03 October, 1999 at Gujranwala. He is a National Champion and National Record Holder since 2017. His international achievements are as follows:-
· 3 x Gold Medals in 6th International Islamic Solidarity Championship 2020 Uzbekistan.
· Gold Medalist of 13th South Asian Games 2019 Kathmandu
· Bronze Medalist of Commonwealth Games 2018 Gold Coast
· Silver Medalist of Islamic Solidarity Weightlifting Championship 2018 Egypt
· Silver Medalist of Commonwealth Youth Games 2017
· Silver Medalist of Asian Youth Championship 2016
· Silver Medalist of Commonwealth Youth Games 2015
Talib Talib secured an Invitation Place for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Kindly note that NOC Pakistan arranged the IOC Scholarship for him for the training and preparation of Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
May Allah Kareem give him enough strength to bring laurels for Pakistan.
Muhammad Khalid Mahmood