Dear Media Friends,
We feel pleasure to inform that, considering the request / recommendation of Pakistan Olympic Association, IOC Olympic Solidarity has very kindly awarded Olympic Scholarships to the following 12 x Athletes of Pakistan for training and preparation for the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024:
1. Mr. Arshad Nadeem - Athletics
2. Ms. Mahoor Shahzad - Badminton
3. Mr. Usman Chand - Shooting
4. Mr. Gulfam Joseph - Shooting
5. Ms. Anna Ibtisam - Shooting
6. Ms. Kishmala Talat - Shooting
7. Ms. Rasam Gull - Shooting
8. Ms. Jehanara Nabi - Swimming
9. Ms. Perniya Zaman Khan - Table Tennis
10. Mr. Muhammad Nooh Dastgir Butt - Weightlifting
11. Mr. Muhammad Bilal - Wrestling
12. Mr. Muhammad Inam - Wrestling
This program has been designed for the elite athletes who are training, and attempting to qualify, for the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024. The Olympic scholarship will start on 1 January 2022 and will be divided into separate terms running for a four-month period each until 31 August 2024. Each athlete will be awarded USD650/- per month scholarship for preparation of the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024.
Soon as the Contracts/Agreement of the Scholarship are signed by the athletes and National Federation, NOC Pakistan and OS, the scholarship will be activated.
Lt Gen (R) Syed Arif Hasan HI(M), President Pakistan Olympic Association congratulated and wished all athletes and respective National Federation/Services / Departments a very successful training and preparation venture to qualify for the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024. He further appreciated the POA Secretariat for getting this job done well in time.
Muhammad Khalid Mahmood
Pakistan Olympic Association