Welcome to the National Rifle Association of Pakistan
The National Rifle Association of Pakistan (NRAP) is the national governing body to develop and promote of Shooting sport in the country.
The NRAP was revived in 1986 with Lt. General (R) Alam Jan Mehsud as its first President. NRAP is affiliated with Pakistan Olympic Association (POA), International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) & Asian Shooting Confederation (ASC)
The member units of the NRAP are Punjab Rifle Association, Sindh Rifle Association, KP Rifle Association, Balochistan Rifle Association, Federal Rifle Association, Pakistan Army Rifle Association, Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air force.
The present office bearers of NRAP are Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah NI (M) President and Mr. Javaid Shamshad Lodhi Secretary General.
Over the years, Pakistan has won various medals in the Asian Shooting Championships, Commonwealth Games and South Asian Games.
- Pakistan shooters have participated in the last 5 consecutive Olympics.
- Pakistani shooters won 5 Gold, 5 Silver and 11 Bronze medals in the 10th South Asian Games held in Colombo, Sri Lanka 2006.
- Pakistani shooters won 1 Silver medal in the XVIII Commonwealth Games held in Melbourne, Australia 2006. Medal won by Mr. Irshad Ali. Pakistani shooters won 5 Gold, 9 Silver and 7 Bronze medals in the 4th South Asian Shooting Championship held from 20th to 28th November 2008,
- Islamabad. Pakistani shooters won 5 Silver and 3 Bronze medals in the 11th South Asian Games held in Dhaka, Bangladesh 2010.
- Pakistani shooters won 13 medals (9 Silver & 4 Bronze) in 12th South Asian Games 2016 held in India.
- Shooting is the only the sport in which 2 Pakistani shooters participated in Rio Olympics 2016 after proper qualification.
- Pakistani Shooter Ghulam Mustafa Bashir carried Pakistani Flag in opening ceremony of Rio Olympics 2016.