Dear Media Friends,
We are delighted to inform that POA, all codal formalities have been completed and the athletes have signed the contracts for Olympic Scholarships for Athletes - Paris 2024 – Individual. The following athletes have secured USD 625/- per month from January 2022 to August 2024:
1. Mr. Arshad Nadeem - Athletics
2. Ms. Mahoor Shahzad - Badminton
3. Mr. Usman Chand - Shooting
4. Mr. Gulfam Joseph - Shooting
5. Ms. Anna Ibtisam - Shooting
6. Ms. Kishmala Talat - Shooting
7. Ms. Rasam Gull - Shooting
8. Ms. Jehanara Nabi - Swimming
9. Ms. Perniya Zaman Khan - Table Tennis
10. Mr. Muhammad Nooh Dastgir Butt- Weightlifting
11. Mr. Muhammad Bilal - Wrestling
12. Mr. Muhammad Inam - Wrestling
It is expected that the first tranche of USD $ 2500/- to each scholarship holder will be issued as a first tranche in coming weeks. The beneficiary athletes and their National Sports Federations or in certain cases their departments have been advised to devise programs to enable these athletes training and participation in international arenas including Olympic Qualification Programs.
POA will frequently meet athletes and their National Sports Federations to evaluate the utilization of the Scholarship in particular Lt Gen (R) Syed Arif Hasan, President POA has stressed that an appropriate amount may be decided mutually that shall be accepted as the Pocket Money for the individual athletes subsiding the economic impact upon athlete’s personal lives.
POA will continue to provide details of the grant releases and programs to the National Media frequently for the encouragement of the athletes.
Muhammad Khalid Mahmood
Pakistan Olympic Association