Pakistan Weightlifting Federation
The aims, objects and role of Pakistan Weightlifting Federation shall be:-
- To encourage, promote, develop, regulate and control the sport of Weightlifting in Pakistan.
- To follow and enforce the Rules and Regulations of International Weightlifting Federation, Asian Weightlifting Federation and South Asian Weightlifting Federation.
- The formation of affiliated Associations/Service Organizations.
- To coordinate and control Weightlifting activities by holding competitions, organizing National Senior, Junior and Youth Weightlifting Championships on its own or under the auspices of any of its Member Units.
- To exercise proper control and enforce discipline on all organizations, their officials and Weightlifters falling under its jurisdiction.
- To raise funds for the Federation from the lawful sources only.
- To select athletes and officials to represent Pakistan in Weightlifting Programs and competitions to be held within the country and abroad.
- To create, educate, standardize and regulate structures for Technical Officials/Referees, coaches and administrators under the control of the Executive Committee of the Federation.
- To establish training camps, organize talent hunt schemes and promotional programs for expanding and raising standard of Weightlifting in Pakistan.
- To communicate with the IWF, AWF, SAWF, POA, PSB and other Government Bodies regarding issues of Weightlifting when required.
- To discourage and take appropriate action against violence, discrimination on grounds of race, religion, creed, political affiliation and Gender etc.
- To ensure the observance of World Anti-Doping Code of WADA duly approved by the IOC and POA and fight against doping and use of substances and procedures prohibited by the IOC or the International Weightlifting Federation.
- To extend invitations to foreign athletes and officials for participation in National Championships and other competitions in Pakistan.
To encourage women participation in weightlifting, create Women Association/Women Wings at National and Provincial levels and induct Women in the General Council/Executive Committee of the Federation.